Bodhrans – Glen Velez Series
The enhanced features of the Velez tars and bendirs are united with traditional features of the Cooperman bodhrans to create our Artist Innovation version of the tradtional Irish drum. Slightly larger in diameter and depth than our standard frames, and featuring a thinner shell, this drum is designed to be especially light in weight, yet deep and rich in tone.
- Our 20″ diameter x 4 3/4″ deep shell is made of solid, single ply cherry, steam bent and scarf jointed, and features a precision beveled bearing edge.
- The edge of the head is secured into an exterior groove, which is then covered with a colored knit cord. We designed this self-locking system to minimize the tendency of the head to pull away from the shell. This drum features a Remo Renaissance head.
- Our patented internal tuning technology preserves the traditional appearance of the instrument and allows the player to maintain a complete range of motion, unencumbered by external hardware. Tension on the head is adjusted by the action of an internal lightweight, moveable bearing member. A T-grip Allen wrench and tuning instructions are included.
- An easily removable, single crosspiece handle accomodates alternative playing techniques.
- Velez bodhrans are decorated with a cherry/boxwood inlay; a hand rubbed, natural finish accentuates the inherent beauty of the wood.